Areas of Interest
- Fully Dense Freeform Fabrication (FDFF) process
- Rapid product, process, tool, and mechanical system design and development
- Workstation and shopfloor custom design tooling and automation
- Computer aided design and manufacturing data extraction, exchange, and translation
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM)
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Design of experiments and statistical optimizations
- Applied rapid prototyping in outreach, art, and forensic anthropology
- Layout optimization through simulation and automation
Benefits of Partnering with RPD center
- Access to experts with a wide range of industrial and academic skills in the form of multidisciplinary teams.
- Turn-key project submission including product, report, computer model, and training.
- Access to knowledge, software, hardware, and tools for modeling, fabrication, and analysis.
- Access to the pool of well trained engineering students through the research teams and internship programs.
- Shared intellectual property according to university contract agreement.
- New Beginnings
- EH Systems
- Xtreme Power
- Austin Green Energy Group